- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine the Herbs: In a small bowl, mix together the dried rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. This blend will create a flavorful herb rub for your turkey.
- Prepare the Turkey: Before applying the herb rub, make sure your turkey is clean and pat it dry with paper towels. If you've brined the turkey, be mindful of the salt content in the rub.
- Apply the Herb Rub: Drizzle the olive oil over the turkey's skin, then sprinkle the herb rub evenly on all sides. Make sure to coat the turkey thoroughly, including inside the cavity.
- Massage the Rub: Gently massage the herb rub into the turkey's skin, ensuring it adheres well. If you have extra rub, you can also sprinkle it inside the turkey's cavity for added flavor.
- Let It Rest: After applying the rub, allow the turkey to rest in the refrigerator for about 60 to 90 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld and infuse into the meat.
- Roast the Turkey: Roast your prepared turkey in the oven according to your preferred turkey recipe. The herb rub will enhance the flavor and aroma of your Thanksgiving centerpiece.
- Enjoy: Once the turkey is roasted to perfection, let it rest for a few minutes before carving. Then, savor the tender and flavorful gluten-free herb-rubbed turkey with your loved ones.
This gluten-free herb rub will not only add wonderful flavor but also help create a beautifully golden and aromatic Thanksgiving turkey. Enjoy your gluten-free Thanksgiving feast!